Cloud Syncing with Codex
You can choose to sync your notes between multiple computers with a service like iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox,
etc. very easily.
You must have the cloud software installed on your computer and preferrably have a synced drive folder that
To sync your notes, first do this on the computer that currently has your notes:
Next, do this on any other computer where you want to have your notes available:
- Create an empty folder (named something like Codex to remember where it is) in the synced drive.
- Go to the Settings tab on the left and find the "Change save directory" setting.
- Click the "folder" button on the right side to select the folder you created in the synced drive.
- Codex will restart, and there should be no notebooks in the Notebooks section in the side menu.
- If you hover over the "Revert to default save directory" button it will tell you where your notes are
- Navigate to that location on your computer, and copy the
save.json file and the
- Paste those into the new Codex folder you created in the synced drive.
- Restart Codex, and your notebooks and notes should appear in the side menu.
- Make sure that same cloud software is installed and synced.
- Go to the Settings tab and change the Save Directory to that synced Codex folder.
- Codex will restart, and all your notes should appear in the side menu.